Round 3 Review Frenzy continued ...



DEVOID OF THOUGHT-Cosmic Apoptosis- Tape/ Digital (Caligari Records)

This  noisy, primitive  Black/Death force is very barbaric in presentation of sight and sound. I sounds like the end of days on these 3 track. I love that raw retro brutal death metal sound that is coming from the speakers for sure . It almost feels like extreme underground music from the astral plane.  There is this very odd proggy element to the arrangements as well and music is produced like and late 80's early 90's demo you would get from tape trading . Maybe this why the sounds are pulling me in so .  It reminds me of Mortician , Early Incantation  and Beherit . Maybe even Mutilation . Devoid of Thought are a very powerful and awe inspiring Black /Death band . I just wish it was not only three songs long you are making me want more.  Those Cry and Scream are simply amazing with the noisy guitar and odd percussion styles. Let be clear  just get this you will not be dissapointed .



CONCRETE WINDS-Primitive Force- CD/ Digital (Sepulchral Voice)

This Finnish force comes from the ashes of a band called Vorum I know very little about them . But this Blistering  Blackened Death/Thrash extremity is ripping through my speakers at the moment and knowing many of you will not be able to hear it till July is just a crime to extreme metal everywhere. If you like Brazilan Death metal and  Polish  Black Death this is going to be a fist fuck of a ride.There is nothing easy or pretty about this album . Primitive Fore is both of what the title say as well as a whirlwind of sonic noise, wall of sound and something I would say could go almost into that War metal style again as they have the most Brutal parts of Marduk, Bestial Warlust, Revenge and Deiphago. The album cover tells you this is going to an assault on your very ears and I want nothing more then a band like this to that. The production is amazing for this you can hear everything without fail. Vorum I sorry you are no more but Concrete Winds you are a band that is impressing the hell out of me ( No pun intended )...




DEIPHAGO- I, The Devil -CD, LP, DIGITAL,TAPE (Hells Headbangers)

This album came out on Walpurgisnacht and I can see why . The epic symphonic intro cuts away to some of the sickest, uglist  Black/Death Noise I have ever been able to witness. This an album so extreme at times its more metallic noise then music with tortured and decaying vocals on a level with some of the best Suicidal and Depressive Black metal vocalist out there. This is without a doubt War metal on the highest of orders. Just a few tracks into " I ,The Devil " you can see why its on a label like Hells Headbangers they bring this kind of music to the forefront as much as any underground label can. Deiphago is about  Denim Vests with  your fave ultra underground band patches on it , Bullet belts , Blood,Guts and Leather losts of Leather.  I know many will not even being to want to make it past the 1st track but I will tell you that its just get nastier, uglier and more brutal as we go alone and with that I will say THANKYOU!!! Sometime music just need to be over the top and chaotic just to cleans the pallet of the ordinary . Nothing more nothing less. Horns up high on this throat chop to the soul of an album ... Kurt of  Converge produced this and you can hear that side of the musical elements for sure. Asia will never be the same after Deiphago!!!




Comments