Because I care !!!!! round two of thing I call reviews





Overt Enemy -Inception- Digital/CD ( Confused Records )

Holy fucking Retro Thrash metal Batman !!!! You got me at 1st riff you bastards . This is  old Slayer meets Forbidden and if I just ended the review and you didn't go and run and get this album as a thrash fan then you are worthless. Yes I said worthless !!!!. Overt Enemy have those classic guitar and vocals that just made Thrash from 85 to 92 some of the greatest more complex and thought provoking period.  It even has those sample intro that made me love Thrash all the more . You need to get on tour with Kreator, Exodus and Flotsam and Jetsam or just show the new kids on the block Power trip what it like to have partners in crime!!!.  I don't even want to review anything else I just want to listen to this EP over and over again and tell Overt Enemy we need a full album ASAP!!!!

https://overtenemy.bandcamp.com/



Ghost:Hello -Sound of Color in Space-CD/ Digital ( Self Released)

Ohio seems to be a hot bed of music from time to time esp Cleveland and Columbus areas. Well Ghost:Hello is a fuzzed out proggy Doom band that as some very hardcore crusty punk elements especially when those odd vocals come in .  This created with synths, Bass and drums only and is still as twisted and heavy as all the day is long. There are some serious heavy space rock elements going on there as well.  When I say things are left of center this album is " The King of left of center"  Arty, Avant, Prog, Thrashing, Punk, Space Rock, Hardcore, Crusty and Soundtrack like. There is a fucking Theremin on the album come on. Ghost:Hello are not weird for the sake of it they really like to mix all these elements to make an album that doesn't just shatter genre's it rewrites it . This could be on labels like Svart, Ektro or even Exile on Mainstream and be very very at home. Keep it up Ghost:Hello and you have someone that will always listen to new material !!!



Hoofstomper - Chapter I"- CD/Digital ( Black Mourning Productions)

Eastern Former Soviet Block nation of  Lithuania is were Hoofstomper come from and here is some more bizzaro and wonderfully off axis music . Hoofstomper mix  Surf rock, Rockabilly, Black and Doom metal with Post Punk elements into something that reminds me of In Extremo, Dick Dale, Marilyn Manson, Aboryum, Mayhem and And Oceans. Yes it interesting to say the least and it goes from Ugly to Catchy to confusing and I can not ask for more as music that makes one think is the best kind of music. The very much remind me of  Kontrust and  Sleepy time Gorilla Museum . If that reference point helps any of you at all. There is a very German feel to all of the music , art and presentation over all. I wouldn't be shocked if a label like  Prophecy Productions or Napalm records offers them a deal as they fit those kinds of labels very well.  The Fragile side of the band makes the more extreme sides seem all the more off the wall. This is an album one really needs to digest and spread it's virus around to other !!!





Pestis Inferos -Beyond The Veil of Light - CD/ Digital (Self-Release)

From the cold and frozen lands of upstate New York comes Pestis Inferos. This is old school Atmospheric Black metal that you would have heard come out of  Sweden, Finland , Norway or Poland back in the Mid 90's . I going to go with it doesnt have to be groundbreaking to be bass ass and make you want to listen too. If I need to mention names of bands Pestis Inferos then you need to go back to 90's Scandinavian Black metal and just start listening and then come back here. This many be 4th wave music but the new listeners out there need bands and with  " Beyond the veil of light " they have a band to call their own. This is haunting, blistering, distant, raw and epic all in its presentation and result. Remember all good Black metal has punk at it's roots and Pestis Inferos very much has that going within and through out the album. It even has that classic Black and white artwork they know where they came from and what buttons to push to get noticed. Really strong work and I hope this little review can get you some more fans around the world you deserve that...






SiXforNinE- Parallel Universe- CD/ Digital ( Eclipse Records )


Well I can tell you I was not ready for this . SiXforNine is something that you would have heard on MTV and Heavy Rock radio in the late 90's early 00's  I want to say the mix Arena Rock, Hard rock, Prog Metal and Alt Metal into something I would say that is close to if you mixed  Foo Fighters, Warrior Soul,  Early Shine Down and RA . There are touches of bands like Fall Out Boy and Fight ( Halford's other Kick ass band) at times too. I just want to call them Tech Heavy rock. I do even get hints of Industrial rock elements going on . SixForNine are Heavy and Catchy at the same time .  Oh wait its Fall out boy , Saigon Kick meets Seether . Damn it I got it I broke the code. " We are through the looking glass people".  If you could get this on Sirius/XM  Octane channel it would be a massive hit . I'm just going to leave it with that. Your turn listeners!!!




Comments