I felt a few more reviews inside me ... You're Welcome ...


White Nights- Into the Lap of the Ancient Mother -MLP/MCD/TAPE ( Iron Bonehead )

I'm at a place here that Retro, Primitive and Avant all come full circle. If the Odd spoken words and organs that started the record were to tell me what I getting I would have said a occult Death Rock record and you know that not very far from the truth. Now mix in Avant Black metal, Post punk and a bit of 70's Prog and White Night comes into the picture pretty well. I do question why is the release on  17 minute long and on  Vinyl and CD seems a bit short to have a release like this on a costly format like Vinyl. There are elements of bands like  Fleurety, D.H.G. In the Woods, Solefald, Mr Bungle, Manes and  Dolorian the more and more I listen to this. This is very occult but in a trippy church like manner. I almost want to say this is  Cult metal as something Cults would use to get the members to fully lock into what the mission of the group is. I feels like  Cream, Deep Purple or Iron Butterfly gone Post black metal. I really don't have much more to go on about here so let's just leave it at that.




DYSYLUMN- Occultation- Digital/LP/CD ( Signal Rex )

This is the  french Duo 2nd album and it mixes haunting and distant Atmospheres with a very spacial heathen Post Black metal overtone. I want to say  if  Esoteric or  Dolorian were full on Black metal this is what it would sound like. The vocals are hypnotic and drifting in the darkness always. The music comes at you in waves and walls of sonic chaos. You can feel the otherworldly elements that are a strong part of what makes Dysylumn's overall sound. I hear stuff like Fen, Alcest , A Forest of Stars, ColdWorld and Xasthur coming through ebbs and flows on this release. Ethereal is very strong element of what is a constant theme on Occultation. I has those very unsettling  early  Norwegian and Swedish  Black metal frozen guitar tones too. The Doom elements to come shining through at times so maybe I wasn't too far off on earlier ideas about Dysylumn. Signal Rex does have a more bizarre side of music they release and a band like this just keeps within the theme of a label really becoming a force in the extreme music underground.




Escuela Grind- Indoctrination-Digital/LP ( Armageddon Label / To Live a Lie / RSR)

17 songs  29 minute let me ask you what the fuck do you think you are getting???  Escuela Grind are a band from Pittsfield Mass of all places creating  Crust, Power Violence and Grind at break neck speed, fury and the aggression that if wasn't here would just disappoint. If you Dug " Kill you Client " you have an ex member here. Man I love when it gets that Droning Doom meets Noise element going on too . This band is a sledge hammer of power and pain. Escuela at one moment almost became Godflesh meets Old Swans for me. This band is amazing lets just be honest are you a fan of Slap a ham and Earache/Relapse Grind stuff this is going to blow you away. Katerina's vocals are just so full on pissed of it makes all the rest of this album so more explosive. We need more then 29 minutes of this !!!




Comments