Sometimes the reviews are for me and you get lucky .... Expand your horizons...


PH- Osiris Hayden-/LP/CD/Digital -(Svart Records) 

Gee another project from Finland I wonder if I'm going to enjoy this. PH is a project from Mr Peter Hayden and what I feeling and hearing is a mix of  Space Rock, Industrial Doom, Soundtrack and Dark Prog Rock. If Bogus Blimp, Jesu, Ulver, Mandible Chatter, NIN and Hawkwind had a love child I feel we are going very much in the right direction. PH is about the  journey of the sound and what it does once you let it go and it gets a mind of its own. Love the dirty jazzy tones that come to and from the album as well. Avant music is something many people struggle with and I don't why as it lets you be so much more freeing of it's done well and with PH this is done so extremely well. There are even some Noise Rock movements going on through out this massive undertaking. If you like  Space rock and Dark Industrial mixed this is something you will be listening to for years to come .



Osi and the Jupiter- Nordlige RĂșnaskog- CD/ LP/Digital (  Eisenwald )

This  force is from Ohio not a place I expect to hear  Majestic and Folksy Neoclassical beauty. Man just from second one I hear Dead can dance, Rachels, Arcana, Tenhi, Wardruna and Of wand and the moon etc. Osi and the Jupiter music is soul aching in its power and wonder that one gets from listen one.  The Heathen and Pagan album cover is just breathe taking as the music itself the simple strings, percussion and very atmospheric overtones that I'm getting from an album like this. You can just feel the tales and stories of the past in music like this and makes you want to dig to see where you play in the history of you clan. This album is warm, dark, haunting , sinster, hopeful and magical all at the same time . Stunning  simply stunning .




MOLJEBKA PVLSE - Komoku- Digital/ CD (Cyclic Law)

Swedish Dark experimental Industrial has been something that has intriged me for several decades and when you had a droning/ ritualistic and occultist overtone to it all , you have clearly gotten my attention . This are recording from field recordings from The American Southwest, Nepal and in as studio recording in Sweden.  Electro,Droning, Noisy, Unsettling Dark Ambient Field recordings is everthing that is going on . The Eastern element add a very uneasy over tone , the Drones and very Spacial and cold drifts had a sinister side and then you just have that modern classical element through out that makes this like minimalist avant theater event. MOLJEBKA PVLSE this is not the 1st time I've enjoyed you aural creations and I doubt it will be the last .



Plateau Sigma- Symbols - The Sleeping Harmony of the World Below- Digital/CD  (Avantgarde Music )

Many many Moons ago  Avantgarde gave me three of my favorite Doom metal albums of all time  from Thergothon, Ras Algethi and Dolorian and in 2019 they are kicking my ass again a Doom metal band from Italy following very much in those footsteps. Mixing Gothic, Death/Doom/ Coldwave and Blackened overtone all into something that is crushing, massive and punishing in sound as it's Epic, Dreamlike and Heartbreaking. I even hear sounds of bands like  My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Katatonia and Novembers Doom. Plateau Sigma is a force to be reckoned with indeed. I even hear some Post rock elements going on that just had to the mystery of the album as a whole. Avantgarde clearly understands Doom metal music and all things somber and slow .This album works on so many levels its time for you to witness the sounds on Plateau Sigma.



Sleeping Ancient-There Is No Truth But Death- Digital/LP/CD (Self Released and Vinyl by Viridian Flame)

Houston Texas as one hell of a musical force coming from it's underbelly let me please be one of the early folks to welcome  Sleeping Ancient. We have a mix of Post Metal. Post Hardcore, Post Black Metal and Sludgy sonic magic going on folks . If  Neurosis, Wolves in the throne room and Death Spell Omega came by way of Pelican  and made glorious and maddening music it would be called  Sleeping Ancient. The walls and waves of bombastic and opressive sonic assaults going here are truly second to none. I don't need to even praise this album to this level you can just listen to the first two tracks and you will know this is were Doom meets the ethereal realms and the Evil Gods of old are worshipped to keep the world in balance. Sleeping Ancient .... Sweet Baby Jesus you have kicked  my ass and left me at a loss. This is an album for the ages.

Comments