The Trinity of Nightmares part 1


 '
SJUKDOM-Stridshymner og Dodssalmer- CD/ Digital ( Osmose Productions )

Black metal like this comes to me from the past I hear that Dissident, Aggressive style that likes to add those odd atmospheric and Post Black metal into it . Just to complete the over all picture. There is a strong horrific and nightmarish element to SJUKDOM and that is clear as well as the old raw punk vibe going on with the I don't give a fuck tonal quality. There is something so fulfilling to music like this . You know the hate and darkness is going to be there but the Sinister side on odd melodies and ambient sounds are what mix so well with those vocals that you know are for an eternity of wonderful torment. Osmose for three decades has a great handle of what amazing Black metal is and I don't think it has ended with SJUKDOM . Let hope you can give me many more decades of this and more.

http://www.osmoseproductions.com/


Future Usses- The Existential Haunting- CD/ Digital  (Pelagic Records)

So what do you get from members of  Intronaut and Bereft .  With Future Usses you get a Doomy and Dreamy Post Rock record that feels very much like what  Russian Circles and Pelican at times there are some very eastern and oriental movements like what Mogwai and Caspian bring into the picture as well. I really have to say this album is giving me chills. Is a Doomy Sci rock soundtrack to a movie not yet made but clearly needs to be made. Words are not good in describing the sounds and wonder of music you are getting from Future Usses.  I have to say it was mixed by Kat of Converge too so that will give it that post hardcore taste that you can feel with out. If I was to say a record sans vocals is perfect this maybe be. I can hear, feel and see everything that is being presented to me and I could not ask for more. Oh and the prog elements are strong in this one. Enjoy...

http://pelagic-records.com/ 




Blood of Serpents-Sulphur Sovereign- CD/ Digital ( Non Serviam Records )

Powerful is the  Melodic  Black Death that comes from the  hidden and mysterious lands of  Sweden and each time I encounter it . I always feel changed in some way  ( good or bad) with Blood of Serpents they very much come from that epic and bombastic vision of the sound were bands like  Necrophobic , Dawn and Dissection have come from and will never leave there is a lot of that war machine Black metal going on here as well and as it melds into something that is expressive and massive . Blood of Serpents wants to you listen to more and more and again get lost in their very strong creation indeed.  This album is truly unrelenting in every positive way possible. When Black Death is catchy it wins me over most time. I hear so much Entombed in this as well. All I hope is we get another chapter from these Swedes as I can not say I'm Disinterested in any way shape or form .

http://www.non-serviam-records.com/

Comments