Comatose Music Artist Bloodsoaked Interview is up 4/27/2009





Bloodsoaked (US)

http://www.myspace.com/bloodsoakedband



1. Tell us about the creation of your 2nd Comatose Releases "Sadistic Deeds... Grotesque Memories"

It was a long process, the whole writing, and recording took me over a year. Sometimes I just had no new ideas and other times I just got to busy with things outside of Bloodsoaked. I took the same approach I took on the first CD and worked on each song individually till I got them as I wanted. I also spent time with Pete Stroupe (Lust of Decay, Infensus Inferi) and Brent Williams (Atrocious Abnormality) jamming and getting ideas. I stepped outside my own little world and get inspiration from them and it helped a lot. I also worked with Shane McFee as an Engineer, Producer as well as letting him do the actually drum programming. He and I would work out the drum arrangements together and then he did the final actual programming of the drums. Shane also mixed and mastered the album.



2. Your working with Comatose again you must be happy with what they did with the 1st title correct?

Yes, Steve and Comatose Music have been great, they are a small indie label so I know what the can and can’t do. Comatose is an established Death Metal label and we worked out a good deal for the new CD.



3. What's you thoughts on the current status of Death Metal music. Do you see it expanding in fan base? or forever underground.

Forever underground is what Death Metal will always be. Some radio stations will play the heavier stuff like Slipknot or Lamb of God stuff but true Death Metal will never be widely accepted and therefore never really expand of the overall fan base. As long as you know what from the beginning you will not be disappointed. Look at Cannibal Corpse, they have been around 20 years and have sold just over a million CDs, some commercial bands can do that in a week or two. Death Metal is not music for the average person but once it is in your blood it will be there forever!!!



4. You have an old Obituary cover on this new release. Is there a reason for this being a very old track verses something more people may know?

This is my favorite Obituary song of all time and one of my favorite Death Metal songs period. Obituary is one of the classic Death Metal bands and when I first heard them back in 1989 I was floored, heard nothing like it at the time, John Tardy’s vocals are perfect and no one does it better. True old school Death Metal fans will know and remember this song and appreciate it.



5. I see your touring again is it hard to do so as a one man project?

It is very easy to tour as a one person project, no one else to complain, bitch and moan or that can not tour. I make my own schedule and play when I want. The one man band might not be the ideal situation but I love it and it has worked out very well so far.



6.Do you ever get people just giving you grief for going on stage doing extreme metal solo.

Not really, people that have never seen Bloodsoaked live and alone on stage are a little confused at first but once the show starts they are usually into it and forget I am alone on stage.



7. If there was one label that would be an ultimate goal to work with who would it be or have Comatose given you all your are ever looking for?

At this point Comatose has been very supportive but I would love to work with a bigger label as well. There are some good things working with a smaller label as well as I have more say into how thing with Bloodsoaked will go. A bigger label will want more control but for that control they also offer some good things (tour support, marketing, branding, distribution, and more). I have heard good and band things about some of the bigger labels so it is hard to say. If and/or when that time comes I will have to weigh my options.



8. You started the NC Death Fest Tell us a bit about that as well?

I wanted to bring a good/solid Death Metal show to Raleigh, NC each year showcasing the good local Death Metal bands as well as some great out-of-state bands. This year the 2009 NC Death Fest will be the third one and it is already looking to be a sick lineup. It is a great time to spend a day with a ton of Death Metal freaks and have fun.



9. I know " Sadistic Deeds... Grotesque Memories" just came out but what has the feedback been?

Yeah, it just came out about two weeks ago and no reviews in yet but from the live shows playing the new songs and the songs I have put online as well as the video the feedback so far has been tremendous. The video for the single “Rotting In Filth” has received nothing but positive responses and is getting a massive amount of plays.



10. Is there a running theme on " Sadistic Deeds... Grotesque Memories"?

Just gore and anti-religious themes through out the album, more anti-religious songs on this album than the first. More of believing in yourself and not relying on some “god” to make you and/or your life what it is. Too many people use religion as a crutch in there lives and don’t look at themselves in the mirror for answers.



11. Do you want to get to Europe and tour as Metal seems to be much more popular there?

I would LOVE to tour Europe and/or anywhere outside the USA, just the exposure and experience alone would be great. I have talked to one promoter overseas about doing something in 2010 but who know what will happen.



12. Your Myspace site seems to be you main site. Do you see Myspace as the major force for musicians now?

Yes, Myspace as completely changed the way fans find new bands and the way bands promote themselves. Most bands don’t even have a regular web site anymore (I still have www.bloodsoaked.us) and use myspace for everything. I do see a downfall to the myspace thing that to mane bands us it as their only source of promotion and don’t print flyers and pass them out at shows and so on, the grass roots of building a fan base.



13. Thank for the time any closing thoughts here?

Thanks for the interview and Death Metal for LIFE!!!!


Comments