From Angelic to Blackest Depths I welcome thee to Aural Madness !!!!

 

Ataraxia- Quasar- Digital/LP/CD   ( AnnapurnA)

30 yrs, 25 albums of a mix of  Gothic, Neoclassical, Avantgarde Ambiance and Odd Electronic. The  Deep and haunting female and male choir elements in the background always really tell the story . Ataraxia are part Lycia, Dead can dance , Third and the Mortal and Hagalaz Runedance. They are clearly legends of this style and Italian experimental/neoclassical movement.  Working with labels like Cold meat industries, Avantgarde, Prikosnovenie, Equilibrium and so many more. The ethereal elements of this band also play a big role in what we are hearing here. You really feel like you are entering a more regal and special time with each listen to Ataraxia. There is some of the old world here that just will draw you to it all. Just let the music take you and it will be a rewarding event at the end of it all.

https://annapurnaprod.bandcamp.com/album/ataraxia-quasar



Kariti- Covered Mirrors- Digital/CD (Aural Music)

Yes I know I'm a bit late to the party as it came out in Sept but here we go. I would says this somber and angelic yet very left of center  Neo-folk with some dark ambient and Gothic overtone. The vocals are very touching and passionate to say the least. If you like your Folk music with a very fragile and pagan overtone this going to be right up your alley . It is mostly just lush female  vocals, acoustic guitars and some background ambiance through out. If you like  60's folk this will hit some buttons too as well. Love that mix of Russian and English it really give it a otherworldly over all feeling. Kariti is not going to be for everyone I totally get this. But for Neo-folk purist of those that like the pagan and ethereal realms of experimental music you will not be disappointed

https://kariti.bandcamp.com/album/covered-mirrors-3


Anna Von Hausswolff -All Thoughts Fly- Digital/LP/CD (Southern Lord)

Well this is an odd one to review indeed but I'm going to try . Darkwave, Gothic , Occult Organ experimental music? I know I'm in the same place should I even been liking of listening to and the answer is help yes!!!. Anna Von Hausswolff pulls you in with drones, drifts and spacial tones that make this feel liks something  Robert Rich, Steve Roach or Lustmord would create. It has this vibe of a lot of what  Cruel Moon Intl did for cold meat.  So far is just been layers of church Organs and I still want to listen impressive. The harmonies and melodies work so amazingly well with the  dark folk and very very occult experimental feelings this is giving me. At times it feels Irish or  Scottish in tonal and creation.  Dark Ambient Organ music , who the hell would have thought it could be so power , creepy and soothing all at the same time. All Thoughts Fly needs to be used as a soundtrack somewhere if not it will be a major loss in my eyes. Anna you keep up this and I will be back for more without fail..




Dark Awake - Hekateion- Digital/CD (Aesthetic Death)

Dark unsettling  experimental music that I would call Dark Ambient bordering on Ghostly unsettling dark industrial. I swear this is what sounds you would hear in catacombs if you were all alone and left there for days. I really think Dark Awake are welcoming the realm of the dead into this dimension. The ritualistic side of this comes into play with other  bands like Aghast and Valefor. I'm really love these chanting and ghostly spoken  female vocals. Not Sure where  Dark Awake came form but I'm really please this has come to me to listen and review. Dark Awake are speaking to the dead I'm am very sure of this and not for the best of intentions I feel. If there was every the work witchery this holds true for the over all feeling on Dark Awake. Black Ritual ambient is alive and oh so no for the well. Nice work indeed.

https://darkawake.bandcamp.com/

https://www.aestheticdeath.com/



Scard -Rusted Lock- Digital/ Tape  (Scry Recordings)

Out of  Portland OR comes a one man event J.Huston goes by Scard and this is full on cluster fuck of   Martial Industrial, Death Industrial, Black Noise and some of the most terrorfying fucking sounds and tones to come out of these speakers in while. AMEN Scard. The more disturbing and twisted the better for this style of release. The pain, suffering and mental anguish coming from this reminds me a lot of what artist like  Nordvargr, Trepaneringsritualen, Brighter Death Now and Sutcliffe Jügend.  There are so many just out right twisted and nervous making tones and movements going on here. The torment of the demonic afterlife will clearly feel and sound like this .  From even the most minimal moments of this release. You can feel the fear and fractured mental state of Scard. This is hateful and dark in very much a ritualistic and release as it is what the voices are clearing speaking too. There are times where you just get chills from releases and this is one of those time. I know I'm going to get told I'm nuts but there are some very NIN and Marilyn Manson moments going on though out this as well especially musically and that takes this to the next level for me as well. Scard I was not ready for you today but I'm damn glad this came my way..


https://scard.bandcamp.com/


Comments