And I give you Four .....


Funereal presence -Achatius - Cd/ Digital/ LP (Ajna offensive/Sepulchral voice )

Black metal today can very much have a open concept all around and with Funereal presence . We have Black metal infused with Thrash, Classic metal , Death metal and some Raw ass punk elements going on that at times borders Grinding Noisecore . I really like the Celtic Frost meets Feg Slough moments going on here and the vocals are just grim and sick and work well with the raw ideals and haunting melodies a band looking for end of days can create. Some would just slap a Post Black Death tag on this and be on thier way . That is foolish talk as there really are some many layers in the Occult and sinister metal underground going on here.  If you really want me to put a tag on this I would say is  Prog/Power Metal came in a took over a Black thrash bands rehearsal and made it there own.  Funereal presence is beyond kickass and interesting . The mix of retro and 2nd wave Black metal are here so you can remember how stunning underground music can sound and by the way 12 minute songs are awesome and just add to why I totally dig this motherfucker ..



Hands Of God- Blueprint For Self Destruction- Digital/LP ( Flatspot Records )

So what do you get with a band that has former players in Bad Times Crew, current members of Vamachara, Gulch, Drain, Lead Dreams. This is Crusty Hardcore with a pissed off style that bands like  Cromags, Leeway, Sick of it all,  V.O.D , Madball , Snapcase,Bloodlet , Hatebreed, Strife this is oldschool pissed off hardcore . Gorilla Stomping , Real Breakdowns and on the other side of this is love of bands like  Eyehategod, Noothgrush,Cavity and Buzzoven giving you that Sludgecore side too. Hands of God love the NYC, Boston and Chicago Hardcore side of the world. I miss bands like this . This was my youth at CBGB on Sundays or going to Abc No Rio and Wetlands .. If you were there in 80's and 90's then you get it more and more . I would even love more of this style to make it back into the underground world. Noisy pissed off Hard core that has metallic elements but never gets to a full on metal style.  Just kick ass all the way ..





DEATH AGONY -Desiderata (a Devastating Revelation)- Digital/ CD  (Self Released )

Old School  Grinding Death metal is what I feeling from this album and musically its kicking my ass. I love the guttural Death / Grind Vocals . its those screamo an pig squeels that are just making me not love it so much. They are not always there but when they are man does this lose me.The best style that Death Agony is giving me is that  Incantation, Bolt Thrower, Grave and Hypocrisy Mid tempo Death shit. I love the very tech side of things going on too. Maybe this is more of a grower then shower. Those prog death bass lines are sick as hell when you get them. Death Agony stop the full of  violent blast you are so good with the war like mid tempo and Proggy Death stuff. When you just want to Cannibal or Eulogy this is not for me. I love the very Dutch side of the Death metal sound like the Altar sounding shit. Keep it up as there are some brilliant moments and just a few misses. Over all stunning album gentlemen.




Phobonoid- La Caduta Di Phobos - CD/ Digital  ( Avantgarde Music )


One man force indeed with Phobonoid you go into Dark metal and Suicidal metal themes but at the end of the day this most give me the feelings of  Industrial Black Doom .. I hear  P.H.O.B.O.S., Halo , Zaraza and Author & Punisher. There are moments of Melvins, Godflesh and  Skin Chamber going on here but this is one dark as all get out release and massive in sound as those machine drums are really why drive those droning guitars and ultra painful guttural vocal and cries.  Phobonoid at times does sound like its moving at breakneck speed but its just the Spacial and Cosmic tons being used. The Drum are just a wall of  suffering tat times and makes this all the more impressive . If I may say. Doom like this always draws me close and with  Phobonoid this always has those  Deinonychus, Shinning , Forgotten Tombs and Silencer vibes going on. I will never say this is an easy listen but it is a impressive listen and will stay in you mind for days after you listen to it.





Comments