New Reviews the Comatose Music Edition 6/12/2011


Abuse- Like a Virgin-CD (Comatose Music)

Brutal, Guttural and Ultra low Death/Gore metal just like they madmen have made for over 3 decades now. This not blistering fast. Its clearly just face smashing  with odd little samples between most of the tracks. I truly can not understand a word of what they are saying but I will tell you Abuse have a love of Morbid Angel,  Embalmer and Altar to name a few. looks like this is a reissue from 2001 . The band will most definitely walk you on the bleaker and sicker side of the Death metal experience . Really like the Grind,Death element going on at time I think I'm listening to early Napalm Death.. If just those vocals are so damn gurgled and I can't understand them at all. the Screamo ones I really find work better as it gives you more Human Remains feeling to the band. Check them out this is over the top even 10 yrs later.


REGURGITATION -CLITORALDECTOMY-CD (Comatose Music)

Someone really love the older Death metal days of relapse at this re minds me of Mortician, Incantation and Suffocation in the way there death metal is created, Tuned low, played as fast and blistering as you can and add a guttural war machine to the vocal end of this. This is Technical Death metal to say the least. The drummer should almost be a machine in the way and how complex and fast this is. Welcome to the world of triggers.  The cover art is just what you expect from a band and project with a name like this. Those so far this album has impressed me from Comatose. It's another reissue form close to 10 yrs ago.  The only real down side is its just an ep of 5 tracks and one ( The last track) is a Suffocation cover .. The production and remastering has really made the music shine. These guys can play. Regurgitation are a great Death metal band and this makes me want to hear more.



DISFIGURED -AMPUTATED GOREWHORE-CD (Comatose Music)

Well this the 3rd out 5 titles sent to me this is the 1st to have a real catchy groove going on and one of the punchiest Bass sounds I've ever heard in Death metal. This is almost more like Heavy Proggish Thrash with Death metal vocals . I really think I'm listening to more bands like Possessed, Early Athiest or even some Celtic Frost in the way this was created and brought about.  It does getting some really fast slamming parts but as a whole its more about the tones and layers of guitars and bass with a drummer that could be a jazz player as well as death metal master. This were the Atheist side comes from I think. I really like this band.  Disfigured is the 1st one I would call excellent out of the three I've reviewed. They make me want to mosh it up in a pit and you can asked for more in Death metal really.

BROKEN GRAVESTONES -LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE (Comatose Music/ Sevared Records)

Man I love the old death metal sound and with Broken Gravestones that just what you get think Bolt Thrower, Entombed, Grave, Dismembered etc. It feel like those early Earache/Nuke Blast days with the polka beats, Chest pounding vocals. The mid tempo guitars and bass that from time to time go into a blistering frenzy. With Kam Lee of Massacre fame on vocals how can you really go wrong. There is so much in common with Bolt Thrower with this band in music, sound and arrangement I love it. The slower double kick drumming is what does it for me with the very slayer influenced guitar solos. I really hope we get to hear more from this band as this is what Death metl has always been about for me brutal, powerful, talented and just fucking good metal..

Aborted Fetus- Fatal Dogmatic Damage-CD (Comatose Music)

I just don't get bands like this . Its so clear that they musically are very talented in the Extreme Tech Death metal genre and then the fuck it all up with a vocalist that one sounds like 200 others and is just burping and squealing like at dying pig. If a band like Aborted Fetus could just get out of the gore/screamo vocal style this band would be so much more respected in all the extreme music arenas.  Its like paint by the number vocalist almost and hey lets have another terminator end of world scene on the front cover while were at it. The music is just to good from this gentlemen. There is so much potential here really...

Comments