Few more reviews for Sunday




Manii- Kollaps-CD (Avantgarde Music)

So its been a few yrs since members of Manes have disbanded after moving more and more into electronic and dark industrial metal sound from a full on Black metal beast and with Manii a few of the members of Manes are band with what I would say is a mix of all they have done in the past. It reminds me more of Monumentum meets Burzum when it all comes down to it. The experimental industrial and ambience is there as well that cold post black metal style. The music of Manii is sinister and haunting all at the same time of being very avant and dissident.  The vocals are so blackened its a homage to their past. Manii have very much in common with Dolorian or Shining now from what I hear over and over on these tracks. Its not Manes and I know its not suppose to be. Kollaps is a breathe of fresh air for a very talented group that need to be heard. Post Black Metal this is on a very fringe sound. This is mandatory listening for any metal fan looking for the next guard of change and experimentation. 

http://avantgardemusic.com/

Seremonia-S/t-CD (Svart Records)

I was not ready for this fuzzed out 70's rock meets doom from a  Finnish unit that sound like a cross between Blue Cheer,  Black Sabbath and Monster Magnet but with a female vocalist that reminds me of a band that was on Rise Above records called Mourn.. This is sloppy and so retro I don't think I really like it but its such a good view of the sounds yrs ago. I really like the vocals and drumming is that a crazy thing to say. The guitars are just to stoner for me so I'm going to have to say I pass on this.




Komatsu-S/t-CD ( Self Released)

Ah very over the top heavy post rock that reminds me of bands like Caspian, Russian Circles, Pelican Sigur Ros etc. Komatsu border on metal but always stay on this side of the Prog rock fence. Love the sweeping guitars and droning bass with the full on drum assault that mixed with the loops an synth elements that all come into one big stew of just plain brilliance. Komatsu does get noisy from time to time never be fooled there is Passion and Volume going on here.  I don't know much about this band other then in the 1st few songs they are musically kicking my ass. The left field bluesy and bluegrass elements come through on some of the tracks if Jeff Buckley had played Post rock I think he would have loved to have Komatsu back him up. All I can really end this review with is go to there website get some tracks and support a band that is very good at what the do and that is Avant rock music..




The Reticent- Le Temps De Detruit Tout-CD (Heaven and Hell)


Someone over the yrs has found a strong love for bands like Opeth, Agalloch, Katatonia Ariel Ruins and Nightingale (The Swano Brothers band). As The Reticent is Prog rock with a metal accent in the way it was created. If you don't like odd timing and layers of guitar tones and a heavy change up in acoustic and rock guitars all in the same song this not for you. There is a very folk element going on as well and I would say a pagan theme through out the release. The vocals as clean (fragile and powerful ) all at the same time. Sometimes I wonder if they are the 2nd coming of Porcupine Tree or Old Dead Tree as this is the two the biggest influences I hear thoughout the release.  The complexity and gentle beauty of this album is more then I was looking for. The Reticent are a band to watch.





Royal Arch Blaspheme- II-CD ( Hells Headbangers)

So were back with another release from Profanatica and Krieg . Creating there own Doomy Black Thrash release that really has a lot in common with bands like Mid period Incantation and Early Dusk (USA) . There is no doubt that the early 90's Black thrash is screaming through Royal Arch Blaspheme esp in the South American sound and style for this review. Their 2nd album is more focused and a bit more polished in the over all production as well. The raw darkness is still very much there and well as a new added prog feeling bands like Pestilence and Atheist created back in the 90's as well. Royal Arch Blaspheme is growing into a complex project not just scare the shit out of you Lo fi BM band . I really want to see where this project goes with its next release as there is a Crust /Punk sound coming through on a few tracks I hear you know that really over the top Crust from Bay area . The bass lines and vocals are really want make this release for me. I hear bands like Phobia and Ambiex in there playing. I think you will too. I will be keeping this album on my play list for a while I can tell you that much..



Comments